Tokyo – City Tour & Shopping - Tokyo
After late breakfast proceed to half day Tokyo Tour – tour begins midafternoon with visiting Hamarikyu garden, which is a typical Daimyo (Japanese feudal lord) garden in the Edo period with a tidal pond. After this you will enjoy a thirty minute boat ride to Asakusa on the Sumida River whilst admiring the harmonious blend of old and new Tokyo. After the cruise, you have a chance to see Ninja and Samurai performances at the pier. Then you will see the famous Asakusa Kannon Temple, one of the main cultural landmarks of Tokyo. We will then take you to the Nakamise Shopping Street, where you can walk down the brightly lit street leading to Japan's finest Buddhist temple. Then we will drive through Kappabashi area, where restaurant supplies and wax food samples are sold. Finally, we drive through the well-known shopping districts of Ueno and Akihabara, where the tour ends.
Evening is free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel in Tokyo.
Recommendation: Extend you stay & do a day trip to Kamakura OR Yokohama
- Kamakura: (pre-book tour on private) – Hotel pick up / no drop off: It is classic tour for you to visit few historic sites dotting the ancient city of Kamakura and enjoy the beautiful townscape the national trust has protected, with a well-informed private tour guide. Max 4 people per booking including adults and children can book this product. If over 4, this booking cannot be confirmed and please make more bookings. Kamakura, surrounded by hills and a long beach, is one of the Japan's most beautiful cities. In Kamakura, traditional culture such as Zen Buddhism and tea ceremony is in harmony with modern culture like fashionable cafes and sweets. The tour includes the visits to several Buddhist temples (Engakuji Temple, Meigetsu-in Temple, Hokokuji Temple, and Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine) in the town, which is highlight of Kamakura
- Yokohama: (We can pre-book the JR Rail pass and upon arrival – explore the city on your own: How to reach: 25 minutes from Tokyo Station to Yokohama Station on the JR Tokaido Line // 28 minutes from Shinjuku Station to Yokohama Station on the JR Shonan Shinjuku Line // 21 minutes from Shinagawa Station to Yokohama Station on the Keihin Kyuko Line // On any route, change at Yokohama Station for the Minato Mirai Line.
Places of visit:
- Minato Mirai 21, the Landmark Tower - The Sky Garden of the Landmark Tower is the highest observation deck in Japan.Admission: 1,000 yen
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse - This protected building is about 100 years old and contains restaurants, a jazz club and a gallery.
- Visiting Sankei-en Garden - This is an extensive Japanese garden that opened about 100 years ago and covers an area of 175,000 square meters.Admission: 500 yen. Take the No. 8 city bus route from the Honmoku Sankei-en-mae Stop. Get off at Chuka-gai Iriguchi and walk about 3 minutes. Bus fare: 210 yen. Make your way through Yamashita-koen Park to the cruise embarkation point.
- Enjoy a cruise around the Port of Yokohama - Enjoy a marine cruise on the Marine Shuttle or Marine Rouge. - Fare: 40-minute trip 900 yen, 60-minute trip 1,400 yen (Marine Shuttle)
- Yokohama is also a lively music town. If you have time till late at night, drop in at one of the wonderful jazz clubs.
Return home from Motomachi Chuka-gai Station on the Minato Mirai Line. Approx. 35 minutes to Shibuya Station. Change at Yokohama Station to the JR Line for a Tokyo Station-bound train.